Esthetic anterior restorations require knowledge of functional occlusion, understanding of various hierarchies of esthetics, and the skill and judgment to bring it all together. A highly skilled and experienced clinician can achieve an esthetic result with layered composite techniques. However most clinicians lack the clinical opportunities to develop and maintain the artisan skill necessary for esthetic results. Also layered composite restorations may lack predictable strength, color stability, and longevity.
This CE webinar discusses micro-esthetic elements that matter most to patients and have the greatest esthetic impact. These elements are achieved with one tool, the Sof-Lex XT Disk, used for multiple functions to mill, sculpt, and add nuance to injection overmolded composite resin restorations. This allows for simplification of the clinical process and practical application and predictability in practice.
• Understanding elements of Micro Esthetics.
• Recognizing elements of Micro Esthetics that contribute most to patient centered versus doctor centered outcomes.
• Appreciating the multi-functionality of the Sof-Lex XT Coarse Disk and its various stages of use.
• Understanding the role that surface texture plays on color stability and color selection.
• Considering how Specular Highlights and Non-layered polychromaticity can contribute to stable and long-lasting Micro-Esthetics in direct composite resin restorations.
disclaimer, bio and commercial disclosure