Welcome to the Classroom
Oral Surgery Procedures for the GP: Maximizing Success and Avoiding Complications
Presenter: Stuart Lieblich, D.M.D.
||Release Date: 2/18/14
|CE Supporter: Pierrel Pharma
Expiration Date: 2/18/20
Dentoalveolar surgery is an important component of care provided by most dental practitioners, whether in general or specialty practice. This CE webinar will review specific procedures so as to permit successful integration into practice as well as some refinements to improve outcomes. In addition a focus on local anesthetic techniques will be reviewed that will provide patient comfort throughout the surgical care. Minimizing as well as managing complications will also be discussed.
Upon completion of this CE webinar, the student will understand:
1. Infections: recognition of mild, moderate and severe infections. When to treat, when to refer. Understanding why local anesthetics may not be providing profound anesthesia in these cases.
2. Local anesthetic techniques to improve patient comfort and provide profound anesthesia for surgical procedures.
3. Flap design and suturing: maximizing access and visualization with improvement of healing.
4. Extractions: strategies to improve outcomes, reduce infections and dry sockets
5. Impacted teeth: second molar surgical uprighting procedures.
6. Patient medications and Dentoalveolar surgery: anticoagulants, aspirin, Plavix. When to stop, when to continue these medications.
disclaimer, bio and commercial disclosure
Click the button to view the training material.
View in App
View in Video Player
Take CE Exam
To earn CE credit, click the arrow button to complete the required evaluation and exam.
Additional On-Demand CE From Pierrel Pharma
view all »