Caries detection has evolved considerably over the last decade. This CE webinar will cover the newer technologies and clinical assessment processes available to the clinician. Technologies to aid in the fight against caries progression and promote the overall goal of caries prevention will be examined along with the practicality of using such protocols and products. This CE webinar will also examine the clinician's role and responsibility in the fight against caries. Elements such as lack of calibration amongst clinicians within an office setting or institution as well as the the important of a shared philosophy on prevention will be discussed.
During this CE webinar, the student will
• discuss the major technological advances in the field of caries assessment, detection, and maintenance
• examine the practicality of using various detection systems in the general practice
• identify contributing factors that cause clinicians to lack calibration in the philosophies of caries detection and management
• discuss the available products geared towards caries prevention
• describe the dental professions overall progress in the field of caries management and what is on the horizon in caries disease research and development
disclaimer, bio and commercial disclosure